Information about Quality and Standards
We are committed to providing accessible information for anyone who has an interest in Higher Education at South Devon College. In doing so, we aim to:
- communicate the purpose and value of Higher Education to the public at large
- to help prospective students make informed decisions about where, what, when and how they will study
- to enable current students to make the most of their higher education learning opportunities
- to confirm the achievements of students on the completion of their studies
- to safeguard academic standards and assure and enhance academic quality
Information about Quality
South Devon College was reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) as part of the Higher Education Review (HER) in December 2014. This process, similar to Ofsted, is how the QAA ensures that the quality of higher education delivered meets the relevant standard required for the awards each institution offers.
The review in December 2014, judged the quality of student learning opportunities and the enhancement of student learning opportunities as commended. The full review can be read here and the Action Plan here.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
The TEF assessment process is delivered by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). The framework assesses higher education institutions against criteria including drop-out rates and progression to highly skilled employment and is part of the government’s plans for raising standards in higher education. It also gives students more information so that they can make informed decisions when deciding which university to attend. South Devon College TEF assessment summary can be found here.