How to Apply
You can apply for up to five different courses in your UCAS application.
How to apply for a full-time degree
- Decide on your preferred degree
- Register with UCAS and complete your application form online (if you are a current South Devon College student, are applying for part-time or the DET programme; you do not need to apply via UCAS – see below for more information)
- Apply for Student Finance. You do not need to have accepted an offer to apply, and the earlier you can do this, the better
- Once you have applied, you will be informed of our decision. Some applicants may need to attend an interview prior to a formal offer being made
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an ‘Applicant Event’ in March. This will give you the opportunity to see University Centre South Devon in more detail
- Once you have your results (or if you already have them) you will need to send a copy of your certificates to the HE Faculty Office
- After getting your result certificates, you will receive a letter notifying you of our decision. This will also be available to view through the UCAS website
- Celebrate and prepare for your studies to start with us in September!
UCAS-free applications for current South Devon College students
If you are a current South Devon College student and are not applying to any other provider or university, there’s no need to apply via UCAS to study a degree programme with us. Simply fill out this short online form to apply for your chosen degree.
All progressing South Devon College students will also be entitled to a £1000 bursary which is non-repayable. Find out more here.
Applications for part-time programmes are handled differently to full-time, and are not made through UCAS. All applications for part-time courses are made directly to us, and can be made by contacting the team on 08000 21 31 81 or emailing [email protected].
Diploma in Education and Training (DET)
Applications for the DET programme are handled differently to undergraduate programmes and are not made through UCAS. All applications for DET are made directly to us, and can be made by contacting the team on 08000 21 31 81 or emailing [email protected].
UCAS Extra is for students who used all five choices in their application and are not holding any offers. During UCAS Extra, you can apply for any course providing there is space.
Who can use UCAS Extra?
To use UCAS Extra, you need to have:
- already made five choices
- received decisions from all of these choices
- either had no offers or declined all the offers you have received
If UCAS Extra is available to you, it will show up as a button when you log in to track your application.
When can I use UCAS Extra?
If you are not holding any offers you may be able to apply for another course through UCAS Extra between 25th February and the end of June. If you do consider applying with UCAS Extra, please note you can only apply to one course at a time, meaning you will not be able to have an insurance choice.
Further information regarding UCAS Extra and your eligibility is available on the UCAS website.
From 6 July – 20 October, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college, and the course still has places.
You can use Clearing if:
- you’re applying after 30 June
- you didn’t receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
- you’ve paid the multiple choice application fee of £25
- you’ve declined your firm place using the ‘decline my place’ button in Track
Visit our Clearing webpage to see our clearing vacancies, programme welcomes and much more!