How to Apply
If you are a current South Devon College student, are applying for a part-time degree or the DET programme, you do not need to apply via UCAS – see the tabs below for more information
How to apply for a full-time degree
- Decide on your preferred degree
- Register with UCAS and complete your application form online. You can apply for up to five different courses in your UCAS application
- Apply for Student Finance. You do not need to have accepted an offer to apply, and the earlier you can do this, the better
- Once you have applied, you will be informed of our decision. Some applicants may need to attend an interview prior to a formal offer being made
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an ‘Applicant Event’ in March. This will give you the opportunity to see University Centre South Devon in more detail
- Once you have your results (or if you already have them) you will need to send a copy of your certificates to the HE Faculty Office
- After getting your result certificates, you will receive a letter notifying you of our decision. This will also be available to view through the UCAS website
- Celebrate and prepare for your studies to start with us in September
UCAS-free applications for current South Devon College students
Current South Devon College students are able to complete our Internal Application Form by clicking on the link below.
*Please note, you must be a current internal student at South Devon College and must not be applying to another university.
All progressing South Devon College students will also be entitled to a £1000 bursary which is non-repayable (not applicable to apprenticeships). Find out more here.
Higher or Degree Apprenticeships
If you’re looking to apply for any apprenticeships, please click here.
Courses with a different application process
UCAS Extra is for students who used all five choices in their application and are not holding any offers. During UCAS Extra, you can apply for any course providing there is space.
Who can use UCAS Extra?
To use UCAS Extra, you need to have:
- already made five choices
- received decisions from all of these choices
- either had no offers or declined all the offers you have received
If UCAS Extra is available to you, it will show up as a button when you log in to track your application.
When can I use UCAS Extra?
If you are not holding any offers you may be able to apply for another course through UCAS Extra between 25th February and the end of June. If you do consider applying with UCAS Extra, please note you can only apply to one course at a time, meaning you will not be able to have an insurance choice.
Further information regarding UCAS Extra and your eligibility is available on the UCAS website.
From 6 July – 20 October, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college, and the course still has places.
You can use Clearing if:
- you’re applying after 30 June
- you didn’t receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
- you’ve paid the multiple choice application fee of £25
- you’ve declined your firm place using the ‘decline my place’ button in Track