The Stepping Up to Higher Education programme contains the steps you need to undertake prior to starting your course, up until the first few weeks of teaching.
Between now and when you commence studying with us there are a few things you need to do to get ready to be a student at UCSD. To help you in this process we have created a checklist and compiled resources you might like to look at.
To help you stay on track, print off this checklist
Prior to starting
- Respond to us regarding our offer letter sent to you via email
- Confirm how you are securing funding for your course
- Declare any disabilities and apply for disabled students’ support
- Download SDConnect app
- Follow UCSD on Facebook and Twitter
First few weeks of teaching
- Complete online enrolment through prospects
- Activate your student computing accounts 24 hours after you have enrolled
- Read your programme quality handbook (PQH)
- Answer the Student Profile questions
- Complete the wider learning opportunities
- Complete the Welcome to UCSD activities
- Review Stepping Up to Higher Education Guides
- Consider watching the Stepping Up to Higher Education workshop
Learning disabilities or difficulties support
If you have a disability or learning difficulty, our HE Disability Team can help you access additional study support to enable you to reach your full potential at UCSD.
For more information on learning difficulties and the support available please click here.
Progression and employability opportunities
UCSD Faculty Office: [email protected]
Study Partner: [email protected]
Wellbeing Team: [email protected]
Disability Team: [email protected]
Progression and Employability: [email protected]