Links to financial support
We understand that some students may be facing financial worries due to the current situation. Below you can find links to information and advice from Citizens Advice, GOV UK and local councils that may be helpful during this difficult time.
- What to do if you’re struggling to pay your rent
- Shelter UK have also produced a guide to your rights for renting under coronavirus
- What do if you’re struggling to pay your mortgage, including information on asking your mortgage provider for a ‘payment holiday’
Bills and utilities
Work and Benefits
- Guidance for people who were employed and have lost their job due to coronavirus
- Guidance for people who are self-employed and getting less work or no work because of coronavirus
- Guidance for people who are employed and cannot work due to coronavirus
- Guidance for people who were receiving benefits before the coronavirus outbreak
If you are looking for part-time work during this time or are worried about your next steps, we have provided more guidance here.
Support from your local council
Your local council will also provide information on what financial support is available to you at this time, including housing support and food banks. We have provided links to a number of local councils below: