On Friday 8th November, University Centre South Devon co-hosted a business breakfast event with STEM Graduates into Business.
The event provided information on a number of projects offering free support, training and/or incentive payments for SMEs and individuals in employment, aged 19+ and based in Devon.
STEM Graduates into Business
STEM Graduates into Business aims to incentivise and support SMEs working across Devon to employ a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) graduate on a 6 to 12 month internship.
The project offers incentive payments of up to £3,600 in addition to free advertising of the internship and coordination of the application process. Led by the University of Plymouth Careers and Employability Service, UCSD is one of five strategic partners in the project.
For more information, email [email protected].
European Social Funded projects: Hidden Talent in Devon and Strategic Employer Engagement in Devon
SMEs and individuals who are employed, aged 19+ and living in Devon can receive support with higher level specialised skills based training through South Devon College.
See below for details of our upcoming workshops. For more information on the projects and to book onto a workshop, please email [email protected].
- Building Effective Relationships for Managers and Leaders 09.30 to 12.00
- Effective Communication in the Working Environment 16.30 to 18.30
- Safeguarding, Prevent and County Lines 17.00 to 19.00
- Introduction to Assessing & Quality Assurance 16.30 to 18.30
- Preparation for Higher Education 16.30 to 18.30
- Train the Trainer 14.00 to 16.00
- Cyber Security 14.00 to 16.00
- Introduction to Project Management 09.30 to 12.00
- Train the Trainer 09.30 to 11.30
- Introduction to Mentoring 14.00 to 16.00