Stepping Up to Higher Education Workshops
The Stepping Up to Higher Education workshops are designed to support your transition into higher education, providing you with the opportunity to plan, prepare and practice the skills you will need at UCSD.
Managing your studies alongside work, family, and friends
This workshop provides information on how to:
- manage expectations of your time from those around you
- create short-term and long-term planners
- be organised when studying
- concentrate, remember, and recall information
Understanding assessments methods
This workshop provides guidance on how to undertake:
- written assessments
- exams and tests
This workshop introduces you to the concepts of:
- academic style
This workshop includes strategies on how to:
- retain what you read
- read for different purposes
- make notes that are relevant and helpful
To enable more of our applicants to attend the workshops they are held on different days and at different times! You can book your place here.
You will receive a certificate of achievement after you have completed all four workshops!
If you have a disability or learning difficulty, our HE Disability Team can help you access additional study support to enable you to reach your full potential at UCSD.
For more information on learning difficulties and the support available please click here.
For all Wellbeing support please email [email protected].
Stepping Up to Higher Education
- Workshop booking form
- Starting in Higher Education guide
- Independent learning in HE guide
- Skills for Higher Education guide
- Digital literacy at UCSD guide
- Employability and skills for HE guide
Reading to prepare for study
Videos about software programs
- Video about MS OneDrive
- Video about MS Outlook
- Video about using MS OneNote
- Video about using MS PowerPoint
- Video about using MS Teams
- Video about using MS Word
- What is office 365