Use this as a guide to help you through the process of applying to university.
Are you ready to apply now?
If you are not currently studying at South Devon College, you can apply to our courses via UCAS You’ll need our university UCAS code (S32) as well as your course code (which you’ll find on your course page) for your application.
If you are a current South Devon College student, and want to apply for a part-time degree or the Diploma in Education and Training programme, you do not need to apply via UCAS – see the tabs below for more information
How to apply for a full-time degree on UCAS
- Decide on your preferred degree
- Register with UCAS and complete your application form online. You can apply for up to five different courses in your UCAS application
- Apply for Student Finance. You do not need to have accepted an offer to apply, and the earlier you can do this, the better
- Once you have applied, you will be informed of our decision. Some applicants may need to attend an interview prior to a formal offer being made
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an ‘Applicant Event’ in March. This will give you the opportunity to see University Centre South Devon in more detail
- Once you have your results (or if you already have them) you will need to send a copy of your certificates to the HE Faculty Office
- After getting your result certificates, you will receive a letter notifying you of our decision. This will also be available to view through the UCAS website
- Celebrate and prepare for your studies to start with us in September
Internal applications for current South Devon College students
Current South Devon College students are able to complete our Internal Application Form by clicking on the link below.
*Please note, you must be a current internal student at South Devon College and must not be making an application via UCAS to UCSD or any other University.
All progressing South Devon College students will also be entitled to a £1000 bursary which is non-repayable (not applicable to apprenticeships). Find out more here.
Key UCAS dates for 2023 applications
|25th January 2023||Deadline for all UCAS undergraduate courses|
|23rd February 2023||UCAS Extra opens|
|8th June 2023||If you receive all decisions by 18th May, reply/accept offers by 8th June|
|30th June 2023||Applications received after 30th June are entered into Clearing|
|4th July 2023||UCAS Extra closes|
|5th July 2023||UCSD Clearing opens|
|17th July 2023||If you receive all decisions by 12th July, reply/accept offers 17th July|
|21st September 2023||Final date for 2023 entry applications|
|17th October 2023||UCAS Clearing closes|
For more information about how you can apply to a course at University Centre South Devon please click here.