Once you have completed a HNC or Foundation degree, you will have the option to progress onto a respective Foundation degree or honours degree.

From a HNC: On completion of your HNC you may have the option to progress to year two of the relevant foundation degree at UCSD. Alternatively, you may be able to progress to an associated course at another provider.

From a Foundation Degree: On completion of your foundation degree, you may be able to progress onto the final year of an approved or associated course to top up to a full Bachelor’s degree. Depending on your programme of study, you may have the option to top-up at UCSD, University of Plymouth or another provider.

If you decide to follow an unapproved route to top-up your foundation degree, you may need to complete more than one year’s additional study, such as entering the second year of a programme.

You can find information on progression route(s) for your course in your Programme Quality Handbook.

Progression will also be covered during Tutorial where you will have the opportunity to discuss your options with your Personal Tutor.

Applying to progress

To apply to top-up at UCSD

If you are a current student and want to apply to progress from a Foundation Degree onto a BSc / BA (Hons) Top-up programme at University Centre South Devon, you need to complete the UCSD Progression Form in full.

UCSD Progression Form

If you have any questions, please speak to your personal tutor or email [email protected].

To apply to top-up at the University of Plymouth

If you are studying on a programme awarded by the University of Plymouth at UCSD, you will need to download, print and complete a copy of the ‘Progression form to start at UoP’ available on the University of Plymouth website here. Download and complete the form and then bring into the UCSD Faculty Office for submission.

If you are studying on a programme awarded by South Devon College at UCSD and would like to progress to the University of Plymouth for a Level 6 top-up year, you should apply via UCAS

2024/2025 Academic Year Deadline: November 30th 2023

To apply to top-up at another university

If you are planning to top-up at another university, other than Plymouth, you will need to complete a UCAS application. However, in the first instance we advise you check with the university’s Admissions department on how/when to apply and entry requirements.

Please note there is a deadline for progression applications and places may be subject to availability.

Useful links for progression to the University of Plymouth:

University and Your Future: Career Planning and Making the Most of Your Degree

This course will help you to identify ways university can help you work towards your career goals, whatever degree you choose. Start straight away and learn at your own pace!

Sign up to FutureLearn’s free course to help you to explore your options during and after your studies.